Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It has been over 2 years since Sugar & Spice started entertaining at area nursing homes and retirement homes.  Many times we have laughed or cried because of something that has happened at one of our gigs.  And we have said that we should be writing these things down.  SO, I have decided that now is the time.  I will warn you that I don't write a smoothly as Spice and my grammar and spelling won't always be right....but I hope that you enjoy reading about our music ministry.  Please feel free to comment or ask questions about my postings.

Today was one of those days that we laughed...well I laughed - actually I got the giggles while singing a song - a LONG song at that!  We were met with two kittens at our first gig this morning in Grinnell Nursing and Rehab.  As we were unpacking they were everywhere...in our bags, on the speakers, in the plants and on the tables.  Every time Spice would nudge the friskiest one from a plant the nudging got a little harder!  Finally we started playing and the kittens were playing in the bags in the corner behind me.  As I am singing the first song I can hear them tearing around back there!  Finally out of the corner of my eye I see Spice walk calmly back behind me and I hear a "Whack".....now I am looking out at the crowd and most of them have the "there, they deserved that" look.  Now I have the giggles...I was trying so hard to hold it together, but every time I looked at Spice - he was so calm and acting like nothing  happened I would start giggling again.  Finally the activity director came and got them and we went on with our show.

We also had the privilege to play for a 101 birthday party for Dorothy at Sunnyhill in Tama this afternoon.  An ice cream cake was served and we all sang 'Happy Birthday" to her.

Today was our 13th day in a row for singing, now tomorrow we have a day off and then hit it hard again on Thursday with two gigs and three on Fri.  Fri evening we will be at Rock Creek marina at 7, so if you are looking for a relaxing evening come on down!  

No comments:

Post a Comment